Marijuana, also known in English as Cannabis or Marijuana, is a tropical plant. Young shoots and leaves have been used to treat diseases for thousands of years. But there has been a trend that has attracted a lot of attention. This is because research indicates that cannabis extract can treat cancer. All CBD products are now available in Headshop CBD shop.
What substances are extracted from cannabis?
Cannabis contains more than 550 chemicals, of which 113 are cannabinoid compounds, of which the main component is. Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC and other substances in the same group such as Cannabinol (CBN), Cannabidiol (CBD), Cannabichromene (CBC), Cannabigerol (CBG), etc.
But the extracts that have been used the most in treatment are of 2 types:
- Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) reduces pain from cancer and nausea from chemotherapy drugs.
- Cannabidiol (CBD) reduces seizures, stress, and paranoia.
THC is the primary psychoactive compound found in cannabis. And it is an essential substance that people want to use for euphoria. Or, as the Westerners call it, “High.” While CBD does not cause psychoactive effects, it has attracted the attention of those who want to avoid the euphoria that The advantages and side effects of THC and CBD can be compared in the following table.
Cannabis and cancer
The reason cannabis is getting more attention is because of the expectation that cannabis will help treat cancer. Based on laboratory and animal studies, a disease that kills many people at present is no way to find a cure for cancer that is so effective, especially with cancer patients in the last stage. It was found that the overall picture was positive for both THC and CBD.
- Lab tests: It can destroy many types of cancer cells. without affecting normal cells
- Animal experiments: can inhibit the growth of cancer cells. Reduce the spread and the incidence of liver cancer in rats and may reduce the incidence of colon cancer in rats.
In addition, delta-9-THC has been found to have promising therapeutic effects, such as reducing chemotherapy-related nausea and vomiting. Relieves pain from cancer, thus reducing the dose of opioid painkillers or morphine. It improves appetite, reduces stress and anxiety, and helps you sleep better. So go to a CBD shop and collect your products.
In Thailand, all sectors have turned their attention to using cannabis as an alternative treatment. Recently, the cannabis grown by the Government Pharmaceutical Organization has been fully developed and ready to be harvested into the production process. On June 19, 2019, the female cannabis flower was harvested. And enters the extraction process to produce oil drops under the tongue. In July, they were sent to the Department of Medical Services for research patients. In addition, on August 8, 2019, the Ministry of Public Health announced the Government Gazette. Unlock Thai traditional medicine practitioners Practitioners of applied Thai traditional medicine and local healers in the preparation of medicinal products using cannabis extract. Headshop CBD shop is a legal shop.
Side effects of cannabis use, especially in high volume users and without supervision from a medical professional
– Educational evidence (meta-analysis, RCT) found that Long-term cannabis uses impairs brain function. by damaging cognitive function, causing amotivation syndrome, and inducing psychosis, especially in pre-at-risk patients
– Major side effects of medicinal cannabis use include disorientation, drowsiness, euphoria, confusion, and sleepiness. Drowsiness, dry mouth, tiredness, loss of balance, hallucinations, nausea, asthenia, fatigue, etc., in descending order of the odds ratio.
– some clinical open-label studies for pain treatment found that the adverse effects were not different from placebo. and no analgesic tolerance at 1 year.
– some studies (open-label) showed withdrawal symptoms (withdrawal).
However, studies on the side effects of long-term medical use of marijuana are lacking.